Saturday, May 11, 2013

Going Back to High School: Field Trip.

     On Wednesday night, one of my high school teachers called me and asked if I would go on a field trip with her and two of her students the next day. I didn't have any plans so I agreed. Mrs. Wilson taught a couple classes in high school and then took over teaching the special education class. Throughout high school I was her teacher's aide. It was really fun to get to see her and the girls again.



Here is a picture of us in high school. A couple of my friends and I taught the girls crochet once a week. 



We went to Luray Caverns. Only two of the girls were on this field trip.


Pluto's Ghost. Probably the coolest, in my opinion, column in the caverns. My pictures are all from my cell phone, so they aren't very good at all.


This is a lake. The water is very shallow and very still, so the stalactites are reflected perfectly in the water, making it look like they are growing from the bottom of the cavern as well.


Our tour guide knew exactly what she was doing, and answered questions brilliantly! It is a great cavern! The largest on the East Coast.


They have a sluice set up, and you can buy bags of dirt to pan for gemstones or arrow heads. 
It was a lot of fun!! 




     Thursday was jam packed full of stuff. After I got home from the caverns. I quickly whipped up a batch of bars, took a little nap, I was super tired from staying up waaay too late finishing my final essay, and was off again. This time to a cookout with some friends from school to celebrate the end of the semester. It was great fun! I don't have any pictures of that, however. When I got home from the cookout. I put the finishing touches on my essay, which mom found time to proofread for me, and collapsed into bed!


No comments:

Post a Comment