Monday, June 2, 2014

June Challenge

For June, I'm combining two challenges. (I'm starting today, I forgot to plan ahead, so I'm starting on June 3rd instead of 1st, no judgement.) Anyway, the two challenges are: no sugar and no fast food.

The no sugar is pretty general, no added sugar, I'll use artificial sweeteners if necessary. But, you know, that means no ice cream, or cookies, or Marshmallow Mateys cereal if I feel snackish. Or, realistically, I'm at home alone, and I don't want to cook, so CEREAL! So, that'll be somewhat miserable.

The second one, no fast food, is to teach myself to plan ahead more. I am often too lazy or just plain forget about packing a lunch, so then I usually just grab something from a fast food place, because "I'm starving, and I thought I could last til I get home, but I can't, so I'll just run to KFC/Taco Bell, and, obviously, if I"m going there I have to get a Baja Blast and Cinnabon Delights, because they are amazing..."  And there you have my chain of justification for purchasing the ridiculously unhealthy food I then stuff in my face... So, this challenge will be really good for me. I'll likely eat a lot healthier (obviously, no sugar..), and I know I'll save a lot of money. Also, I might start consistently packing a lunch. All good things, yea?

So, wish me luck. If you see me this month and I seem even grouchier than normal, assume it's because I'm in sugar withdrawal and I would basically do anything for some ice cream. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Ah Keturah, this is a hard one but it is very satisfying to accomplish (no sugar). I've found it is easier for me to say none at all than to say just a little. I've never commented, but occasionally I "find" you through Facebook and catch up a little. =) Maybe we'll see you today at the market.

    ReplyDelete